Re: Antifreeze type-

To: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: Antifreeze type-
From: Isaac Crow <isaac@avana.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 1998 08:13:48 -0400
Cc: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Barry,
I have read that there is no benefit (nor any harm) in using the extended life
coolant in a car not specifically designed for it.  I think the orange
formulation has corrosion inhibitors for mainly aluminum parts, and compounds
that are less abrasive to tight tolerances in modern water pumps.  Now, with
propylene glycol (Sierra, etc.) which I use in my Spit6 and all my vehicles,
you could save a pet's life.  Lost one to reg. antifreeze.

Isaac Crow
'74 Spit6+
Winder, GA

--
***I got a gun for my wife, best trade I ever made.***