Re: Spit MkIII Fuse blowing...

To: Bernard Christian-Woodruff <Bernard.Christian-Woodruff@ping.be>
Subject: Re: Spit MkIII Fuse blowing...
From: karen hakala & tim hutchisen <hakhutch@megalink.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 1998 08:12:11 -0500
Cc: Triumph List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Bernard;
   Just went through the same thing with my TR-6. After chasing branches of
circuits I had determined the problem was under the dash. Having the dash
half torn apart I decided to install the dash cover that came with the car (
that is another story) with everything torn apart I found that the DPO had
run a jumper wire ILO the rheostat for instrument illumination. This "jumper"
hadno proper terminals on either end, just bare wire strands jammed into the
female connectors. One of the jumper ends had come loose ( hard to
believe,huh?) and was shorting out on the radio frame. What a fire trap!!
    Hopefully yours will be easier to find and easier to fix .It sounds like
you have a ground problem like I had.

Tim Hutchisen
CC57787   1971 TR6