Re: seat rebuilding question

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: seat rebuilding question
From: "scott s." <75270_3703a@csi.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 1998 14:54:30 +0000
On Mon, 31 Aug 1998 14:30:43 EDT, Huppertc@aol.com wrote:

>I'd like to order parts before pulling apart my seats.  For those who
have
>rebuilt the seats.... What pieces can typically be reused and which
*must* be
>new.  I'd like to reuse my vinyl and just replace the rotted foam.
What is
>the realistic parts list for this??  Ihave no reason to believe that my
75 TR6
>has rusted frames....but then again, this car was a rustbucket.
>
>Carl Huppert

I replaced the seat diaphram.  Are your seats frozen?  Mine
were.  This was one of the toughest jobs I had to do.  I had
to flood them with WD40 / liquid wrench for a couple weeks,
hammer and otherwise beat my head against the wall till
I got them to move.  Then I greased the heck out of them
(after derusting and painting.)  The seat back control
mechanism was a pain, also the spring that causes the
seat back to fold up.  Part of the lower frame was rusted away,
so I built some replacement pieces out of sheet metal and
riveted to good metal on the side.  The lower frame needs
enough structural rigidity to hold the upholstery (there are some
steel keepers that hold the upholstery on, I reused mine but it
may be worthwhile to replace them).

scott s.
.