Re: California Emmisons?

To: Dave Simpson <dsimpson@ds2.ncweb.com>
Subject: Re: California Emmisons?
From: Brian Kemp <bk13@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 1998 12:53:25 -0700
Cc: "\"'spitfires@Autox.Team.Net'\"" <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>, "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
For your 76, someone mentioned finding a pass or don't pay location.  I'd
recommend finding a place to do a pretest.  If you pass the pretest, get
tested right away.  If you fail, you're only out about $20 and know you need
to get things fixed.  If you badly fail a regular smog test, you could be
labeled a gross polluter, which will place many additional restrictions on
your car.  I don't know if this applies at a pass or don't play location.

The only two things I remember are to have your car thoroughly warmed up and
running lean.

Santa Maria is near Moss Motors.  You might want to stop by and ask where
they get there cars smog tested.  There might be a local shop with an LBC
mechanic that can take care of any problems for you.

Brian Kemp
72 TR6 - smogged once, passed easily, now exempt