Re: Tire Bomb

To: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Subject: Re: Tire Bomb
From: Reed Mideke <rmideke@interbase.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 1998 12:35:51 -0700
Cc: C2H60_@email.msn.com, "'_Triumphs-List_'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Malcolm Walker wrote:

> On Fri, 4 Sep 1998, Chuck Ackerman wrote:
>
> > Would it be considered "bombing" the list to advertise tires for sale?
> > My new Email address is C2H60_@email.msn.com.
>
> I think the general rules of "netiquette" for commercial advertisements
> are:
>
> -Don't overdo it (one ad once in a while, or in private response to
> listers' questions)
> -Don't be a pushy salesman ;-)
> -Do let us know if it is a commercial deal, or if it's private.  IE I
> bought a set of slightly used tires from a tire store.  Cash deal- no tax;
> I bought them from the manager (not the store)
>
> If anyone has anything to add or change to this, go for it.

All IMHO,

The thing to keep in mind is these lists are here to help people
interested in triumphs, and this includes exchanging money and parts.

I have yet to see a for sale post here that really bothered me.
It is nice to put  FS: or For Sale {description of item}
in the title, so those who aren't interested can skip it.

If your a vendor, it would be extremly bad form to post
regular advertisments (put a web address or phone number in your
sig instead). The exception might be if you obtained some
rare parts, you might post saying "Hey I've got some
orignal widgets for such and such, contact me for more info"
Or if you were responding to someone who was specifically
looking for the item.

Of course stuff you advertise should be usually be triumph or LBC
related. If your tires are 38"x16" mudders,  you'd be better off
posting to a 4x4 list.

wait... I see a vision...

The Monster Spit

So what kind of tires have you got anyway ?
--
Reed Mideke                                        rmideke@interbase.com