TR6-A little engine Rust

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6-A little engine Rust
From: highwaystar@juno.com (Highway Star)
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 1998 13:40:12 EDT
Hi folks-

Thanks very much for the Tire advice, Tom, Stu, Steve, Scott, Jim and
others.  I should be ok with a cheaper aftermarket from Discount tires.

Ok, I noticed some surface rust on the engine block (from sitting a year
or so?) around the spark plugs and water pump etc.  I thought of using a
mild wire brush to clean what I can and reach and applying some of that
white gunk that turns rust into iron (?) brushing it over the effected
areas and leaving it that way.  Does anyone have a better idea (WITHOUT
taking the engine out) to deal with this? Should I do anything different?

Thanks-
Pouya
'74 TR6
'68 TR250