TR4 - Torque Reaction Arm and Buffer RESEND

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR4 - Torque Reaction Arm and Buffer RESEND
From: "Brian Sanborn" <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 1998 17:12:57 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
I must watch the spell checker more carefully.... somehow a misspelled
"purpose" became "puppies".  Here is my original note with some additional
info.

--------------

I am still looking for things that could cause a banging sound under load.

What is the purpose of the Torque Reaction Arm and its adjustable bumper
that looks like it rides on the frame.  It is attached to the engine front
plate below the RH engine mount. I thought the rubber might be worn and the
metal was hitting metal on the frame.

I went looking for this thing on my car and it is not there. What would be
the effect of not having one.

It is shown in the workshop manual and Moss/VC books but not in the TR4 or
TR4A Parts catalogs.

Brian Sanborn
62 TR4          CT16260L  - Groton,  MA