Re: TR4 - Torque Reaction Arm and Buffer RESEND

To: sanborn@net1plus.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR4 - Torque Reaction Arm and Buffer RESEND
From: cloughbt@batman.flight.wpafb.af.mil (Bruce T. Clough)
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 1998 08:12:50 -0400
Brian,

Looks like the folks from the list answered your questions.
But did they know that there are at least two styles of that
bracket out there?  The one on our car has a 3/6 NF nut welded
on the bracket to take the bumper, but I also have another
which uses a 5/16 NF nut in the same place!

It seems that this bracket was deleted early on in the TR4
production run.  Seems to me I narrowed the engine number
range where that happened, but I don't have that info here
at work. I do know that if you have good engine mounts it
won't move much.  I have mine adjusted fairly close to the
frame, and I don't see any marks from it touching yet.

Ciao,

Bruce Clough
62 TR4