Brake pipe woes

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Brake pipe woes
From: Tim Taylor <tim@mail.versa.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 1998 17:43:45 -0500

I was replacing the 22 year old brake hose on my 76 tr6.   While working
the hose free some  trauma  was inflicted on the brake  pipe fitting where
it connects to the hose on the body of the care.  The pipe came completely
disconnected from the threaded fitting.  I don't no if the flared part of
the pipe just got pressed out, or if the very end snapped off.  Either way
there is plenty of pipe left and the threaded part is still in good shape.
I'm asking for advice on the best way to proceed...

#1  Find some way to "re-flare" the end,(is there a tool for this, or do
you find things to jam in there until the end flares out the desired
length) rub some teflon-tape like sealant on it, screw it onto the hose and
it's ready to go.

#2 Disconnect the pipe at  the nearest junction and bring it to a brake
shop that will either bend a new pipe, or flare the end for me.

I realize that I'm probably going to have to go with option #2, but I was
hoping there would be a way to get away with not having to remove the pipe
from the car.

Thanks in Advance.

Tim Taylor

Austin Tx.