Re: Brake pipe woes

To: Tim Taylor <tim@mail.versa.com>
Subject: Re: Brake pipe woes
From: Alan Myers <reagntsj@ricochet.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 1998 23:37:35 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Tim,

Unless the broken pipe is an indication you should be replacing all the
pipes on your car, I'd replace or repair just that one. And, unless you
plan to do a lot brake pipes in the future, I'd suggest your option #2,
take it to a shop and let them advise you whether to make up a new one
or repair the old one, either would be relatively inexpensive, probably
less than cost of quality tools to do the job yourself. (cheap tools
available and work about as well as might be expected). I recently
bought a full set of ready made pipes for my TR4 for about $75. I agree
with other listers comments that the brake system is one thing that
needs to be done right.

Alan Myers
San Jose, CA
'64 TR4 #CT17602