TR6 alternator problems - more info

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 alternator problems - more info
From: dstauffa@csc.com
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 1998 11:11:29 -0700
I have been reading the VTR maintenance area on alternators and noticed
something about the wires connecting to my alternator.  I have a three wire
connector but only two wires in it:  a large brown/white and a small
brown/yellow.  This is a new wiring loom and that's the way it came.  I do
have this single brown wire that runs paralled to the above two wires but
does connect to anything.  What is the purpose of this single brown wire?
It is relevant?  I thought it was a carry over from the TR5 and not used in
the TR6.

Thanks,

Dave,
San Diego, Ca