Chrome strip retaining tabs

To: The Usual Suspects <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Chrome strip retaining tabs
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 10:21:06 -0700 (PDT)
Listers,

I'm getting to the point where I can think about putting the rear fenders
back on.  Naturally, I'm going to have to refit the chrome strips (to hide
the welding ;-)

...but all the retaining tabs on the strips are rusty; most are half gone!
I was only able to remove one intact to "copy".

This seems to be a lot of work for just a bit of steel.  Anyone know if I
can buy a bunch of them in bulk?  Guess I'd need about two dozen, probably
more for when I do the passengers' side.

Hmm, maybe I should look into making plastic (non-rusting!!!) ones.
Wonder how that could work...  I think I might be able to get nylon
"chain" (looks like a bead necklace)- maybe the first bead could be
crunched into the fender-bead, and the rest could be crunched into the
body seam?

Anyone?

-Malcolm
* There is a FAQ for this list!  Its temporary home is:
http://www3.bc.sympatico.ca/walker/triumph/trfaq.htm