Re: TR6: Timing Woes (progress update)

To: "Jack R. Clark" <drjclark@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: TR6: Timing Woes (progress update)
From: "M. Secrest" <msecrest@erols.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 19:36:39 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Jack R. Clark wrote:

> Listers,
> I set the timing using a strobe at 12 degrees BTDC. Runs and idles much
> smoother. However, when accelerating the car "stumbles" until either I
> depress the gas pedle at a faster rate, or floor it. I have presently
> removed the carbs for a rebuild, maybe the problem will "work its way out"
> I hope.
>
> Any ideas? (oh yeah, the dashpots have plenty of oil)

That sounds like what I just went through with my car.  In my case, the cure was
had after replacing all my breather hoses, AND readjusting the mixture, which
had been set by the PO under the prior, leaky air parameters.  And it probably
had no effect, but I changed the dashpot oil to ATF.

BTW, you may also get better performance with the carbs on the car, not the
bench. (winky-smiley face)

--
Martin Secrest
72 TR6