Manchester Show

To: <dsforza@megahits.com>
Subject: Manchester Show
From: "Sumner Weisman" <sweisman@gis.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 1998 19:36:14 -0400
Cc: "Triumphs" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Don,

I'm going, for the first time.  I worked my tail off yesterday and today
getting ready for the show, and it's all your fault for having the darn
thing anyway.

Took out the heater.  Not easy!  Oiled the blower motor, badly needed.
It's getting cool, and I need a heater.  Replaced the heater hoses.
Flushed the heater with a hose and got out a lot of scale.  Heater now
works great.  Replaced the center air vent drainage tube, accessible while
the heater is out.  Old one was rotted.  Two trips to Auto Zone!  Replaced
all the dash lamps, easier while the heater is out.  As long as some of the
antifreeze is out (soaked my carpets while disconnecting the heater hoses)
I also inserted a plug in the bypass hose with a hole in the middle for
some circulation per advice on the list.  I then drained the entire
radiator the messy way, by disconnecting the bottom hose, and put in new
antifreeze (Prestone, 50% solution.)  I did it the hard way because, unlike
Bill Clinton, my petcock is frozen shut.  I also waxed the entire car.

Did all this Friday and Saturday.  Really looking forward to meeting lots
of listers at the show tomorrow.  Don, please come over and say Hi.

Sumner Weisman
62 TR-3B                W1VIV