Re: Sunday's sales

To: jaltman@altlaw.com
Subject: Re: Sunday's sales
From: Michael Ferguson <fergie@ntplx.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 1998 09:24:04 -0700
Cc: "'Triumph List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
jaltman@altlaw.com wrote:

> A couple weeks ago I posted the cache available in the Sunday Atlanta paper.
> I got quite a few remarks and questions so I thought I'd do it again.  I am
> not going to make a regular feature of this, but from time to time. One
> reason to consider buying from Atlanta is the total lack of rust! No salt on
> the roads or in the air.
> Today's cache:
> The 62 A-M DB4 ($49.5k) is still there.  1 A-H Mk-III, 1 Sprite, 6 Bentleys,
> 8 XKEs, 12 MGBs, 5 MG-TD's, 5 Rolls.
> And now the good stuff:
> 1 75 Spit, the 71 Stag is still there, 1 61 TR3, 1 65 TR4A, 3 6's (69, 73 &
> 75), 1 7 and 1 8.  The schizoid "TR7 Spitfire" is still there too.  This
> week's cache seems to be mostly already restored and fairly high prices.
>
> Oh yeah, let me quote this one in full:
> HORCH (Karasserie Baur Stuttgart) 1932 4Dr Convertible, one of a kind,
> serious inquiries only, $379,000.
> Anyone want the phone number?
>
> Jim Altman  jaltman@altlaw.com Illigitimi non Carborundum
> http://www.altlaw.com/metro/jaltman.html    69-TR6#CC28754L  W4UCK

Now you can relax, Jim! I recently found a very useful website called
http://www.triton.net/dvisser/news.htm

It's a countrywide listing of newspaper websites - everything from The
New York Times to the Fredericksburg, VA Free Lance-Star...and yes, Jim,
it includes the Atlanta Journal-Constitution and Atlanta City Press.
Each name on the list is a link to the paper's website and, from there
you can go to the classifieds (well, I haven't tried too many, but the
one's I have tried work that way). Must be close to 200 websites listed,
and that's just newspapers. It also has several magazines (TIME, US
News) and some foreign newspapers (Belfast Telegraph, London Times,
Vancouver Sun, Russia Today and the China News Digest!). Haven't looked,
so I don't know what language these are "printed" in.

Good for car-hunting, but I'll bet if you were very persistent, you
could even find info on the Starr Report!

Just thought I'd pass it along...

Michael Ferguson
Vernon CT