Clutch M/C: rebuild or renew?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Clutch M/C: rebuild or renew?
From: "M. Secrest" <msecrest@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 1998 11:47:37 -0400
My GT6 decided it wanted clutch line work, so that's the current
project.  I've got the slave and master cylinders on the bench,
and the bore of the slave looks a little suspect to me, so rather
than risk having to pull the tunnel out again in a year, I
will replace it.

Hoping to avoid shelling out yet another $100 for a new clutch M/C,
I'm wondering whether it is rebuildable.  The bore shows no pitting,
but at the beginning of the bore (where the cylinder begins its
travel), I'm seeing a black, carbon-like stain that seems wedded to
the cylinder surface.  (The slave shows this too, only worse.)

Is this a rebuildable M/C, or must it be scrapped?  Being cheap, as
I am, I'm hoping I can save it, knowing that it's an easy
fix if it gives up the ghost again soon ...

--
Martin Secrest
73 GT6