Re: Clutch M/C: rebuild or renew?

To: "M. Secrest" <msecrest@erols.com>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Clutch M/C: rebuild or renew?
From: "Lawrence R Zink" <zink@pdq.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 1998 14:40:48 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Martin,

Yes, it will need to be honed using a wheel cylinder hone and an electric
drill motor.  You only hone the cylinder to remove the scratches in the
bore, i.e. very lightly.  Rebuild kits a relatively inexpensive, read about
$10  each.  You use a little brake fluid in the cylinder for lubrication
during the honing process to help the stones stay cool and to float the
metal particles away.  This is probably one of the simpler rebuilds that you
can do,  Just take your time and don't rush the process.  It should take
about an hour to hone and rebuild the M/C and 45 minutes on the slave.

Good Luck and keep us informed on your progress,

Larry Zink
Z Group Racing and Performance
Houston, Texas