Repro bumpers

To: gprtech@frontiernet.net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Repro bumpers
From: "Gauthier, Dave" <Dave.Gauthier@nike.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 08:28:44 -0700
About five years ago Moss had a sale on TR6 front bumpers. I ordered one
and promptly returned it. It bolted up, but looked different from the
original. I later talked with them about it and they explained that when
they have parts built for them, different companies bid on it and send
prototypes. They choose the best part for the best price, etc., but
sometimes the production of the parts end up looking different from the
prototype.

I continue to do business with them as they refunded me without a hassle
and have many other quality products.

I ended up taking my original front bumper to the chrome shop. It had a
dimple in it and a hole drilled in it where the previous owner had
mounted the biggest driving light (Lucas) I'd ever seen. Anyway, he
showed me the differences in "standard" and "show quality" chrome. I
opted for the better. They straightened the bumper and welded the hole.
It was beautiful. I think it was around $2-300.

Its high luster made the rest of the chrome look bad, so I ended up
re-chroming everything at the same place. I think I spent about $800
total.