Re: Repro Bumpers

To: "George Richardson" <gprtech@frontiernet.net>
Subject: Re: Repro Bumpers
From: "Sumner Weisman" <sweisman@gis.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 19:35:29 -0400
Cc: "Triumphs" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
George,

One additional comment -- the reason that I went this way is that I called
one or two shops and found out that it was much more expensive to rechrome.
 I'm sure rechroming by a top quality shop is best, but I'm not a purist
for economic reasons.  I certainly don't regret the purchase.

Sumner

----------
> From: George Richardson <gprtech@frontiernet.net>
> To: Sumner Weisman <sweisman@gis.net>
> Subject: Re: Repro Bumpers
> Date: Monday, September 14, 1998 10:16 PM
>
> Thanks Sumner, I still think I'll go with the repro. Im ay have the
> origianl rechromed, but only as a backup to the repro.
>
> Sumner Weisman wrote:
> >
> > George,
> >
> > Yes, my bumpers and over-riders were bought from Moss or TRF about 3
years
> > ago.  (I could look up where I bought them if you're interested).  So
far
> > I'm very satisfied except for a small defect in the chrome on one front
> > over-rider.  It didn't deteriorate with time -- it came that way.  They
now
> > look as good as new.  Of course, a coat of wax on them helps.
> >
> > Sumner Weisman
> > 62 TR-3B
> >
> > Date: Sun, 13 Sep 1998 08:42:17 -0700
> > From: George Richardson <gprtech@frontiernet.net>
> > Subject: Re: Re-chrome or buy new
> >
> > Hmm. Does anyone on the list have a reproduction TR bumper on their
car?
> > If so, what do you think of the quality?
> >
> > Joe Curry wrote:
> > >
> > > If the repro bumpers are of the same quality as repro early VW Beetle
> > > bumpers, you should opt for the rechrome job.  My daughter's front
> > > bumper is repro and rusted in about a year.  The rear is vintage 1965
> > > and hasn't a speck of rust.
> > >
> > > Joe Curry

If