SU carb stutter

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: SU carb stutter
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 02:58:55 EDT
<<But I still have a little carb stutter at times.  Happens when starting up
at a light, etc.  Easily stops when you wind it out...I think the mixture
smells too rich.>>
Are you putting thick or thin oil in the dashposts? Seems on my carbs (Z's)
thicker oil in the dampers makes gas/air mixture richer in general even though
in theory airvalves are for enriching the mixture at accelleration only..I use
'3in1' 20wt (blue can) now with good results. Previously used A.T.F. for 20+
years in TR4 Z's and in my SU's on my '63 122S Volvo.
Carl
'64 TR4