Re: TR4 door handles

To: Dennis Barr <tr357@cdsnet.net>
Subject: Re: TR4 door handles
From: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 07:29:43 -0500 (CDT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Mon, 14 Sep 1998, Dennis Barr wrote:

> I have been told that new or NOS TR4 outside door handles are not
> available. If so, what have others used. Mine are ok, but not great.
> What are the good
> substitutes ?.
> Thank you
> Dennis Barr

        Unfortunately, with TR4 door handles... I have gotten VERY intimate
        with the innards of these beasties... have several in your
        collection... Haunt bits boxes at shows, be prepared to take them
        apart if they break and fix them. They are side specific. Some
        of the parts will exchange (right to left). It is possible to
        cannibalize a tatty-looking handle to fix a good looking if broken
        one.

        Greg Petrolati

Greg Petrolati, Champaign, Illinois