Re: Source of 1/8" staples

To: Dean Mericas <deanm@limno.com>
Subject: Re: Source of 1/8" staples
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 08:11:18 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: Triumphs List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
On Tue, 15 Sep 1998, Dean Mericas wrote:

> I am searching for a source of 1/8" staples that would be suitable for
> attaching upholstery vinyl to 1/8" door panels.  The smallest size that I
> can find in hardware stores is 1/4".  Can anyone on the list suggest a
> source?

Try an upholstery shop.  Also, those light-duty (toy) staplers sometimes
come with tiny staples, or have them available.

> BTW, I know that contact cement will work, I'd just prefer the more
> controlled results of staples.

I got some adhesive from one of the local upholstery shops- it's like
contact cement but you can stretch the vinyl in to place.

I bought it for carpets but it works on vinyl too.  Pretty expensive, but
you don't use a lot (and wear an OV mask!)

-Malcolm
* There is a FAQ for this list!  Its temporary home is:
http://www3.bc.sympatico.ca/walker/triumph/trfaq.htm