Re: Source of 1/8" staples

To: Dean Mericas <deanm@limno.com>, Triumph list <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Source of 1/8" staples
From: Brian Kemp <bk13@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 08:54:24 -0700
I couldn't find any, so I cut down some longer ones with my nippers.  You can
cut about 6 at a time.  I also cut some to 3/16 of an inch.  Use the longer
ones for thicker areas like the back of the door pocket.  When I replaced my
damaged panel using the old vinyl (still in good shape), I also used silicon
where the heat welds bonded the vinyl to the backer board.

I had to use full size staples to back up the shorter ones in the staple
gun.  I colored the last 5 or so staples with a permanent marker.  When I saw
a colored staple, I knew I needed to reload.

Brian Kemp
72 TR6