Re-using Silicon brake fluid

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re-using Silicon brake fluid
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 08:13:10 -0700
After bleeding an entirely new system, and using up about a quart of very
expensive Silicon brake fluid (fluif if you wish) I was pondering
(sometimes dangerous for me) the re-use of this particular fluid.  I
realize that it was un-wise to use old Dot3 or 4 brake fluid because
exposure to air allowed absorption of water and such, but since Silicon
fluid doesn't absorb water, and if one were to filter out all particulate
contaminates using say a high quality fuel, filter to strain through, I
would think it would be OK.  Any thoughts? Comments?  I probably won't do
it, but it's tempting-

72 V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)
70 Spitfire