wtb... Spitfire 4 synchro trannies

To: "'spitfires@autox.team.net'" <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>, "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: wtb... Spitfire 4 synchro trannies
From: "Gambony, Jim" <jim.gambony@eds.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 17:03:33 -0500
Yes, the subject line says it all.  I'm in the market for transmissions (yes
plural).  Three rail or single rail.  I have an autocross car that came with
a shaky tranny to start with, and two trashed "spares".  I'm starting to get
good at assessing transmissions just by pulling the top cover :(   Anyway,
I'm in the market for some spares, both for the autocross car and the
vintage racer sitting sans drivetrain in the barn.

Keep in mind that this is for a budget racing team....      I do have other
parts to sell/swap, and I do have a line on a good rebuild shop that's
getting less than $400 for a rebuild.

If anyone within a reasonable drive of the Dallas area has parts taking up
garage space... please respond to me directly.

Thanks,

Jim
jim.gambony@eds.com

ps.  Anyone want some three synchro (Mk I, 2) tranny's?  In good shape (one
rebuilt, one working ok when pulled).