re: 4/4A differences

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: re: 4/4A differences
From: cak@dimebank.com (Chris Kantarjiev)
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 17:43:23 -0700
A few more items ...

They may have different jacks, but *my* 4A has holes in the floor for
the 4 jack. But I can't swear that they're original floorpans,
since I'm about the 7th owner of the car.

The overriders are different *and* they are placed differently
in front. In particular, the 4 had the overriders spaced close
together, where the 4A has them spread farther apart.

The hood (top) mechanism is completely different.

My 4A has a loop for the safety catch on the release bracket,
but no safety catch on the bonnet. Again, I can't swear
it's original. I had always assumed that someone had put
a TR6 release bracket on the car.