TSOA information/history wanted

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TSOA information/history wanted
From: "Terry & Cindy O'Beirne" <esp@hypermax.net.au>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 19:52:49 +1000
Hi folks,

As part of the Australian 75th anniversary we are hosting the
week long national meeting (150 registrants) here in Brisbane, starting
on Sept.26th.  Part of my contribution as one of the organisers is
preparing a short history of TSOA.

I am seeking info/experiences/history from persons involved in the early
days of the TSOA, especially in the UK. I have a reasonably good history
in Australia where I have been involved since 1972 and some info on the
USA from the late 70's when i was a member.

Some questions I would particularly like answered/confirmed

What came first, the TSOA or Standard-Triumph Auto Association?

Why did the TSOA apparently "die" in the UK about 1960?

What TSOA branches still exist outside Australia (I hear there are moves
to reinstate it in the USA). We used to have branches in malaysia, New
Zealand,Sth Africa as I recall

What practical support was offered to TSOA outside Nth America?

Did UK buyers of new TR's get TSOA info or did this only happen in USA?

Did the TSOA shield change from red/black to blue at the same time as
the badges?

Is Michael Cook, long time editior & stalwart of TSOA NTh America still
around?

If anyone has any particularly memorable photos or factory archival
materiala relating to TSOA, I'd be very grateful for a scanned file or a
good reference

I hope some of you can help in some small way. I'll post my article to
the net late next week

Terry O'Beirne
TR5 etc,etc