TR3 gauges, no longer wanted

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR3 gauges, no longer wanted
From: "Coday Family" <coday@localaccess.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 03:42:52 +0000
Comments: Authenticated sender is <Coday@Mail.localaccess.com>
Well, so it is likely the Lucas gauge is an original  Maybe I will
take it out, take it apart and see if I can clean it up a bit.   As
for the water temperature gauge, it is a capillary style, apparently
still using the original sending unit in the thermostat housing.  The
lens and chrome frame do not look period at all.  It works well, but
has an orange needle with pivot point at the bottom of the gauge, the
other needles are pivot point at the top of the gauge.  But there are
a couple of important considerations:

1. the existing gauge works very well and it's kind of important
to know the water temperature.

2.  $130 for a rebuilt unit

Nuff said.

The charging system seems to work pretty well.  Lights are bright
most of the time, very few electrical problems, still has the
generator, so actually don't need to know much about the charging
system from the gauge..

I guess these gauges are not bothering me as much now as they did
earlier.  Thanks for the feedback.

Geezer