Re: Manchester Show

To: "Sumner Weisman" <sweisman@gis.net>
Subject: Re: Manchester Show
From: bjohnson@mmm.com
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 11:09:14 +0100
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On the subject of A type overdrives -    I don't know if the Triumph 2000
was available in the USA, but I fitted a gearbox with OD to my TR4  which I
had taken out of a Triumph 2000   (pre 1972 I think)     I had to make up a
rear  mounting out of what we call ANGLE IRON   - but it worked better than
the equivalent part from Moss, which I junked.    Don't try it with a J
type overdrive unless you want to cut up your chassis.

Overdrives are great on TRs !!   It is really worth fitting one.  You can
get ex TR OD boxes  in England   but they cost silly prices.

Regards

Brian Johnson

Internet     bjohnson@mmm.com

1963 TR4  ex USA - on the road since 1993
1954  TR2   chassis TS554-O   in lots of pieces