Carb Rebuild for TR6

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Carb Rebuild for TR6
From: Rengrave@aol.com
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 07:50:52 EDT
Hi everyone,
I am the proud ownwer of a 73 TR6 for the last 15 years, car has been taken
out of a 10 year storage and has been hiting the car shows this year.
One thing I have never touched are the ZS carbs, people have told me "if they
work, leave them alone, you do not want to touch them".
The car has always been a reliable starter, and seems to have always run fine,
maybe I have just not experienced the power I should have all these years.
After removing the dashpot covers for buffing, I noticed that my rear carbs
diaphragm had a large tear about half way around, so I decided that it was
time to tackle the carbs.

My question is this:
What should I be looking for when re-building ZS carbs? Any tips from someone
with experience is greatly appreciated.
Is the job a mystery?
Is there something I should be looking for?
I purchased a TRF kit which ic basically a seal & O-ring kit for ZS carbs.
I also bought a Unisyn carb sync tool.
Do I need anything else to complete the rebuild?

Thanks,
Wayne from Massachusetts
1973 TR6 Mallard/New Tan