Re: Carb Rebuild for TR6

To: Rengrave@aol.com
Subject: Re: Carb Rebuild for TR6
From: "M. Secrest" <msecrest@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 18:35:10 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Rengrave@aol.com wrote:

> After removing the dashpot covers for buffing, I noticed that my rear carbs
> diaphragm had a large tear about half way around, so I decided that it was
> time to tackle the carbs.

Well, they'll sure as heck run better with new diaphragms!

> My question is this:
> What should I be looking for when re-building ZS carbs? Any tips from someone
> with experience is greatly appreciated.
> Is the job a mystery?
> Is there something I should be looking for?
> I purchased a TRF kit which ic basically a seal & O-ring kit for ZS carbs.
> I also bought a Unisyn carb sync tool.
> Do I need anything else to complete the rebuild?

Yes.  You'll need a bright light, lots of carb cleaner, and beer.  (I
suggest Bass.  It's thematically and gustatorily correct.)
You should also take care to clean, but not dismantle, the temperature
compensators, unless you know what you're doing.  You'll also need a
mixture adjustment tool, if you don't already have one.

For more general info, see the maintenance section of www.vtr.org.

--
Martin Secrest
72 TR6