Piston/Liner Set Quality

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Piston/Liner Set Quality
From: sanborn@net1plus.com
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 10:58:08 -0400

Another query,

When I was at the Manchester show, one of the professional rebuilders that was
there said that trying to rebuild a TR4 engine was impossible because the
piston/liner sets that are available from all the sources are badly flawed.
Something about the metal being forged at the wrong temperature or something.
I don't know whether he was trying to sell me on his secret rebuild service or
whether there is any substance to this story.

Anybody heard anything like this.  Are there bad sets and good sets.  I would
like to use the 87mm sets if possible but quality is paramount.

Brian Sanborn
62 TR4  CT16260L  Groton,MA
sanborn@net1plus.com

Sent by NET1Plus WebMail