Re: Thrust Washer Replacement

To: Trmgafun@aol.com
Subject: Re: Thrust Washer Replacement
From: Jim Barbuscia <Jim.Barbuscia@Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 09:30:13 -0700
Cc: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
 Scott,

 In your earlier post you said something about a PO.  Are you sure the car
only has 38k and not 138k?
 Thrust washers shouldn't fall out at 38k... suspect something more here!
 Also if you ran the car without the thrust washer in place you've most likely

scored the crank and block (read scrap here!).
 In direct answer to your question about replacing the bigend and main
bearings, yeah it's almost always a good idea to do'em when your down there
anyway.

 Good luck!

-jimb
http://www.tyeetriumph.org

--
## Jim Barbuscia SE Sun Microsystems Kirkland, WA.       ##
## http://sunup.West.Sun.COM:80/~jb                      ##