Water Bypass Blocking

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Water Bypass Blocking
From: HDRIDER570@aol.com
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 21:30:19 EDT
I was in the shed today looking for some parts and noticed that some of the
TR4 water pump housings have a much smaller hole in the bypass outlet.  The
exterior dimension is the same but the wall thickness is much greater.  The
outlet diameter is about 5/16" and the surface quality suggests that someone
modified the sand castings to do this.

The engine number that this housing is attached to is CT12503E and I believe
that the housing is original to the engine.  It would seem that Triumph took
Kas Kastners racing advice and reduced the size of the outlet.  I found a
couple of other housings with the smaller hole and a couple with a standard
hole but I can not tell which engines that they came off of.

John Hamer