Water bypass blocking

To: "HDRIDER%&)" <HDRIDER570@aol.com>, "INTERNET:triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Water bypass blocking
From: Tony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 19:07:29 -0400
I have a TR4 thermostat housing sitting on my desk.  I am not positive
about what Comm# it came off of, but the transmission from the same
car is #CT23029.  The bypass outlet has a rectangular hole
in the housing.  This measures 0.330" by 0.645" or so.  In the outlet
neck it tapers out to the 0.870-0.886" O.D.  I have no others at hand to
compare.  I thought this was the standard design.  BTW, the part
number stamped on the top is THA1000/00.

-Tony

>I was in the shed today looking for some parts and noticed that some of
the
TR4 water pump housings have a much smaller hole in the bypass outlet.  The
exterior dimension is the same but the wall thickness is much greater.<