TR6; Carb rebuild update

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6; Carb rebuild update
From: "Jack R. Clark" <drjclark@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 23:35:23 -0500
Well,
Thanks to the help of the many "Lister" suggestions, I have rebuilt the
carbs and reset them on the car. The car runs best when the metering
needles are adjusted to their richest setting. On the freeway it has much
better throttle response, and will pull 4500 rpm very quickly!

Regular to medium acceleration is about the same. However, accelerating in
high  gear and from lower rpm, it tends to stumble until the higher rpm is
reached. Also, it tends to stumble when starting from a dead stop, and then
again only when the rpm are allowed to drop at or below idle speed. I can
live with it, but it did not do this before I did the full tune up i.e
points, plugs & wires, distributor cap, Lucas sports coil, and vacuum lines.

Any final thoughts before I take it to a garage?

Thanks again!
Jack