re: TR4 fan mod

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, WWatkins <lwatkins@rps.nwsc.k12.ar.us>
Subject: re: TR4 fan mod
From: "Shawn Loseke" <SLoseke@vines.ColoState.EDU>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 98 8:30:57 -0600
The TR6 13 blade fan is not a clutch fan. The bolt pattern is different
from the other fans because of the extension used to get the fan in front
of the upper crossmember. The extension is a heavy piece of cast(?). No
clutch action to it.

Shawn
-------------
Original Text
From: "WWatkins" <lwatkins@rps.nwsc.k12.ar.us>, on 9/17/98 8:30 PM:
Okay, so the vendor at the KC show is a nice guy and assures me that the
red 13 blade TR6 radiator fan will be a bolt-on mod for the TR4.  Well, I
don't know any better, no research, impulse buy, etc., so I haggle him down
to a reasonable price.  Of course, it doesn't fit.  Bolt patter is way to
wide because the TR 6 has some sort of fan clutch.  R. John Lye, via Art
Kelly, tells me a TR 250 fan will work.  So, anybody with a TR 250 fan want
to swap?

Bill Watkins
Rogers, Arkansas

'62 TR4