Re: TR4 gauges

To: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Subject: Re: TR4 gauges
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 1998 19:09:52 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: The Usual Suspects <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
On Sat, 19 Sep 1998, Andrew Mace wrote:

> > BUT I noticed that the gauge was moving even though I hadn't turned the
> > switch on!  What gives?  Is it supposed to be hot all the time, or do I
> > have a voltage leak somewhere?
>
> I'd say so. The power to the fuel gauge should be switched with the
> ignition. BTW, if you haven't seen it, issue #67 of VTR's _The Vintage
> Triumph_ magazine has a great article called "Experiments with the TR3
> Fuel Level Gauge"; a lot of the information in the article might be
> applicable to your TR4 as well.

Well, after cleaning the spades, I still can only reach 3/4 full.  Do they
experiment with the guage accuracy?

I don't get the VTR's magazine, but can probably find a copy somewhere...
if not, I'd be interested in finding a copy of this article.

-Malcolm
* There is a FAQ for this list!  Its temporary home is:
http://www3.bc.sympatico.ca/walker/triumph/trfaq.htm