TR6 Intake Manifold

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 Intake Manifold
From: Rengrave@aol.com
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 1998 00:55:01 EDT
Hi everyone,
Today I removed my carbs from the engine to start my rebuild of the ZS's. As
usual one think always leads to another when I work on my car, so I decided to
pull the intake manifold while I was at it because it looked a little pitted.
I would like to know if any one of you have refinished the cast aluminum
intake manifold on the TR6, and how you did it. I was thinking of having it
bead blasted or is there a better way to restore it to it's ORIGINAL luster.
The under side of the manifold is spotless (after using a lot of carb cleaner)
and I want the top to look just as good. The ZS carb tops shinned up so well
that I just have to make the intakes look good too.

Thanks,
Wayne from Massachusetts
1973 TR6 Mallard/New Tan
First attempt at rebuilding my carbs and hoping the car will run again when
I'm done.