Voltage stabalizers gone bad?

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Voltage stabalizers gone bad?
From: Chris DeStaffany <sjmeds@rockisland.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 1998 21:22:59 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
The speedoi  in the spit hasn't worked for more than ten years according to
the PO.  Replaced the missing lower cable today and that was a bit of an
adventure.  Lots of cleaning around the EGR counter which had the bottom
connection exposed for ten years.  So, I put it back together and "joy",
speedo works.  Temp guage and Fuel guage don't however.  Voltage stabilazer
dosen't seen ti be putting out.  Short across the unit and the guages come
back to life.  Now, did I kill that unit while working behind the speedo or
was it just time for it to go or am I doing something else wrong.  The thing
is just hanging there, loose.  But grounding it dosen't make a difference
and the wiring diagram dosen't look like it needs it.

Chris DeStaffany
1966 Herald
1975 Spit that shows more gas on the guage the faster I go.