Re: Voltage stabalizers gone bad?

To: Chris DeStaffany <sjmeds@rockisland.com>
Subject: Re: Voltage stabalizers gone bad?
From: Sam Gentry <hsgentry@cfw.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 1998 06:47:50 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
I figured out how that thing works and it won't work unless it is grounded.
 However, I have 3 or 4 of them and all of them put out full voltage if
they are not grounded.  Basically it is a flasher and it stays closed (full
voltage out) if its circuit is not grounded.  That must mean that it has
failed.  Still, seems strange that it decided to fail at this point.  In my
experience they are petty rugged, short of being crushed.  It is possible
to hook it up backward, but that just makes it act funny, not fail
completely.  Make sure you are giving it a good ground.  Normally it
grounds on the speedo, but if that does not have its ground wire it may be
a poor ground.

Sam