Re: TR4 V-belt alignment

To: Brad.Kahler@141.com
Subject: Re: TR4 V-belt alignment
From: KTRIUMPH@aol.com
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 1998 20:37:48 EDT
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

<< I'm having trouble getting the vbelt to line up properly on my TR4.
 When I got the car the lower generator mount was loose and the holes
 in the aluminum generator flanges were wallowed out.  I replaced all of
 the lower mounting pieces and also changed generators but the
 alignment problem is still there.  It appears to be off + or - about 1/8".
 The strange thing is it looks like the generator is in line with the crank
 pulley.  It seems like the water pump pulley doesn't still out far
 enough.  The mounts and generator that I put on the TR4 were pulled
 off of my TR4A where everything was in perfect alignment.  Is it
 possible that there could be differences in the water pump pulley
 mounting?  I'm not real excited about pulling the water pump but if I
 have to I will.

 Any suggestions?

 TIA

 Brad  (Lincoln Nebraska 402-464-1502)

Hello Brad

Why not try swapping the water pump pullies?
They're not that difficult to pull. I would use a new nyloc nut when you put
the pulley back.

Ken Nuelle
58 TR3A
62 TR3B