RHD TR3

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RHD TR3
From: <rtriplett@bjservices.com> (Richard Triplett)
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 98 8:55:23 CDT
I had a mechanic friend take a look at that  RHD TR3 this weekend (the
car's two hours from here), and his statement, "looks like it's been in a
demolition derby!" made me a little nervous.  He also said it was full of
rust.  So, I made an offer of $1,000, but no word from owner yet.  It's
really getting hard to find these old Triumphs in restorable condition, I
just don't understand why people can't be more honest in their descriptions
when selling their car! BTW, I was cruising this weekend and came upon a
street rod club's outing to a local Sonic drive in.  When I pulled up in my
freshly restored TR3, you'd have thought I had brought a pig to the prom!
Totally ignored! Anyway, I walked around, looked at the big-blocked, big
tyred, and big haired things, then quietly left.  I say quietly because I
had just replaced my fiberglass muffler with a stock muffler and resonator!
Guess in West Texas, LBC's are just not "in".

Richard Triplett
Technical Services
Midland, Texas
915-683-2781