"Editorial Hat mode"

To: "List, Tiumphs" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: "Editorial Hat mode"
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 10:22:56 +0100
Cc: "Maggie Roberts" <memsec2000@aol.com>, "ALAN J CRUSSELL" <t2000register@compuserve.com>
Listers,

This daily digest perhaps understandably focuses on the marque's sports car
range. As you will all know, these were by no means the only cars made by
the Company. I am particularly interested in establishing Email and snail
links with people around the world who own the big Saloons and Estate cars.
As some of you may know, when I'm not at Gaydon, I do a lot of keyboarding
in compiling and editing a magazine called SIXappeal which is the
bi-monthly publication of The Triumph 2000 2500 2.5 Register that presently
has about 1500 members worldwide. We want not only to try and grow the
membership but to locate these 'big Triumphs' in countries where they are
probably in a minority against their two seater open top brothers and
sisters.
These cars were sold in North America until about 1967. After that time,
their importation was abandoned. That said, there is an extensive
membership in Oz and NZ, while the South African version known as the
'Chicane' is still represented in the membership list.
Can anyone out there help and provide leads for me to follow-up please?
Even if you don't know of one of these cars but would like to 'join the
club' to keep up with the big Triumph scene around the world, our
Membership Secretary, Maggie Roberts can be contacted at memsec2000@aol.com

John Macartney

"Life at Triumph" in print - unique pictures and lots more. See info at
http://www.toolbox.ndirect.co.uk/triumphbook
ORDER LINE STAYS OPEN UNTIL SEPTEMBER 30, 1998.
You can order your book through:

CANADA   Bri. Col. Triumph Registry:        michael_bayrock@bctransit.com
NEW ZEALAND   Ashley Southgate:         ashleys@es.co.nz
UK   THE AUTHOR:                                 jonmac@ndirect.co.uk
UK   Club Triumph
UK  Triumph 2000 2500 2.5 Register:      t2000@compuserve.com
UK  Triumph Sports Six Club:                   bernard@tssc-hq.demon.co.uk
USA   Vintage Triumph Register:               HHUMM53@aol.com
The book will NOT be available from shops - only from the Author and Agents