Central Iowa car show 9/20/98

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net, british-cars@Autox.Team.Net, healeys@Autox.Team.Net, mgs@Autox.Team.Net, alpines@Autox.Team.Net, tigers@Autox.Team.Net, "spitfires@autox.team.net" <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>, "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Central Iowa car show 9/20/98
From: Ken Tharp <kthinc@dwx.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 21:44:44 -0500
Under cloudy skies with a threat of rain that never came, the annual
British car show of the British Car Club of Iowa was held this past
Sunday, September 20, at Gray's Lake Park just south of downtown Des
Moines, Iowa.

At my count, we had fifteen MGBs, one MGA, four Midgets, three TR6s, six
Spitfires, two Austin Healey 3000s, four Austin Healey Sprites, two
Jaguars (one a 1998 XK8), a 62 Sunbeam Alpine, and a 1934 Morris
Ten/Four. I probably missed one or two even though I was responsible for
getting everyone signed in with their car(s) noted.

A wonderful time was had by all, what with the variety and quantity of
vehicles to view and the good company of fellow lbc-lovers!
--
Ken Tharp
'79 Spitfire 1500