It's alive again - very eerie story

To: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: It's alive again - very eerie story
From: "Dave Terrick" <dterrick@pangea.ca>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 08:31:32 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Listers,

 for those who recall my GT6's recent brush with death,  there is good news,
it's alive again.

For those who missed installment one,  a BFH (Big F#$$% Healey) spun in turn
1 at 85 or so and collected me.  Both cars toast, financial loss around lots
(the AH was an aluminum bodied RHD works replica, flawless except for the
nut loose behind the wheel).

Neither of us had hopes of seeing the track again but dammit I can;t do
that.  So I worked, and worked, and worked.  Now I'm broke but the GT6 is
back on the road, albeit wearing wavy grey paint on the front end looking
suspiciciously like Grey primer over a parts car hood!  New frame and
suspension.  Only the tub remains.

Cheers at the sports car club meeting days before this weekend's event
prompted me to drive the car to the track(to spectate and work).  The
weather was horrible - rainy and cold.  I brought minimal stuff (this is
part of the setup) including no tools.

Within sight of the track, AGT 669' wipers stopped mid-swipe, there was a
"crack, poof" and the cabin was filled with the thick arcid smoke that can
only be one thing,  Mr. Lucas at work again.  I hit the kill switch
(racecar, remember) in time to save almost everythiung except the daemon in
question was the fuel pump wire, unfused, which had turned its self into the
world's largest lightbulb filament.

I immediately thought "this damn car KNOWS where it's going and has firmly
said "not on your life, buddy, I remember this place!!""

The rest ofthe weekend was also cold and miserable but less dramatic...
except everyone will now remember my car being on the wrecker's hook TWO
WEEKENDS IN A ROW.

Damn DCO!

Dave T
Soon to be Winterpeg