Overflow

To: submit <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Overflow
From: Eileen Kramer <ebk@buffnet.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 08:30:16 -0400
I own a TR4/A. When I check the radiator level at the radiator neck it
appears full, but I sill can add about 2 or maybe 3 oz. of coolant to
the radiator before it overflows in the overflow bottle. I then drive
the car beyond the time of the engine tempture gauge reading "Normal".
It hasn't overheated at all [even idleing in 106 degree (outside)
temptures for 1/2 hr.]. After the engine has cooled down [overnight], I
then check the radiator to find the fliud level the same as the day
before I "topped up" the radiator. Question: Is this a "normal" level or
is the level to be at the radiator "overflow" hole, [the level that I
keep trying to "top" it up to]? Thank you people, in advance, to you
people who will answer my question. -Cosmo