Re: TR6; Coil question

To: "Jack R. Clark" <drjclark@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: TR6; Coil question
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 21:48:07 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Wed, 23 Sep 1998, Jack R. Clark wrote:

> I recently placed a Lucas Sports coil and wonder
> if the little "condenser" like device bolted to the
> engine block should be connected
> to the coil. It was connected to the original coil,
> it does not seem to effect performance whether it
> is connected or not.

That was probably put there to reduce engine noise filtering into the
radio.

If, when disconnected, you don't notice engine noise (usually a buzz,
changes pitch with RPMs), then you don't need it.

If you do notice engine noise thru the radio, then you can either replace
the thing (a capacitor) at the coil, buy a noise filter that goes on the
radio, or try putting wire mesh around the radio & grounding the mesh.
All will reduce radio interference.

-Malcolm
* There is a FAQ for this list!  Its temporary home is:
http://www3.bc.sympatico.ca/walker/triumph/trfaq.htm