Suggested care for 8-year old new paint?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Suggested care for 8-year old new paint?
From: "Frank Crowe" <thecrowes@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 01:45:15 PDT
I’m looking for suggestions on the care and feeding of an old “new”
paint job (ie: never waxed.)

I recently acquired a dandy ‘59 TR3, completely overhauled in 1990 with
only 500 miles since that time.   Rebuilding included new bright red
paint (type unknown.)  It has never been waxed/protected since then,
just covered and kept in a garage.  It looks like new.

Question - any listers have any ideas on anything special I should do to
protect the paint?  The car is not a show car, though almost looks it.
I’m not planning on driving it a lot, just occasional trips and
joy-rides and do keep it covered in a garage.  It has a couple of small
chips that I’ll need to do something with before waxing it.

Also, anybody have thoughts on removing the front letter set and rear
nameplate for purposes of waxing a TR3?  (Other than buy more
speednuts.)

Frank Crowe
Carpinteria, CA
‘59 TR3A TS55223LL