Re: replacing hinge pins

To: cak@dimebank.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: replacing hinge pins
From: KHOCO@aol.com
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 08:59:04 EDT
Chris
        I just did hinge pins on my gt6+. What I did was remove one hinge at a
time. The pins were rusted in so I had to carefully drill them out. The metal
does not seem to be too hard.
The replacement pins ( $ 10.50 each at spitbits) are grooved at one end to
prevent them from turning.
 You might see if you can find a long shank bolt that would an exact fit
cutting off the head and threaded portion.and expanding the top so it will not
turn.
 Not too difficult except for getting the #@&&^%!% pins out!
             BTW I found a lot of good tips on your web page which I'll use on
my car. Thanks

Ken Copeland
70 GT6+ KC78784